Mashed Potatoes & Carrots ♥ This Recipe Has Moved

Mashed Potatoes & Carrots, a family favorite recipe, potatoes and carrots mashed together, requiring virtually no added fat.
Oh, you're so going to love this easy vegetable combination, the best thing to happen to mashed potatoes since, well, mashing potatoes.

But the recipe has moved to a new location,
please see

Mashed Potatoes & Carrots

at Kitchen Parade, my food column.



Looking for healthy new ways to cook vegetables? A Veggie Venture is home to hundreds of super-organized quick, easy and healthful vegetable recipes and the famous asparagus-to-zucchini Alphabet of Vegetables. Join "veggie evangelist" Alanna Kellogg to explore the exciting world of common and not-so-common vegetables, seasonal to staples, savory to sweet, salads to sides, soups to supper, simple to special.

© Copyright Kitchen Parade
2005, 2011 (repub), 2016 & 2020 (retire)

Alanna Kellogg
Alanna Kellogg

A Veggie Venture is home of "veggie evangelist" Alanna Kellogg and the famous asparagus-to-zucchini Alphabet of Vegetables.

Comments

  1. This is a family favorite at our house. My daughter-in-law asks for them especially!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried these tonight and they truely are comfort food. I thought I would have to add some milk to get them creamy, but none was needed. Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Travel Girl ~ Lovely!! Thanks so much for sharing your results. And fall is such a great time for mashed potatoes and carrots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually, yes, this is my gramma's mashed potatoes! I'm 55 and have eaten mashed potatoes and carrots all my life. We call them "pocarrots" in our family. My favorite thing that my mom did with leftovers, was to mix in a beaten egg and then fry up pocarrot patties for breakfast. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is in holland a very traditional meal. Once a week in the winter months for sure when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  6. For me, mashed po and carrots are perfect for any season. Just as long as you need comfort food, make this all the way. Thanks for sharing the recipe Alanna. It's just what I need right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I made this tonight for my family, and everyone liked it from the parents to the 10, 8, and 6 year olds.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm going to try this tonight. Yum. Thanks for sharing it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. For me these are, in fact, my grandmother's potatoes! She used to call them 'golden potatoes' and they were delicious. They are a fond memory from my childhood, though I'm quite sure she used more butter than you called for ;). Glad to see them revived. You have inspired me to follow in my grandmother's steps.

    ReplyDelete
  10. my mom's been making this forever. they are great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This was great. I used my pressure cooker and it took 12mn. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to write! I read each and every comment, for each and every recipe, whether a current recipe or a long-ago favorite. If you have a specific question, it's nearly always answered quick-quick. ~ Alanna