Day 201: Butternut Squash Soup

With so many delicious-sounding and -looking squash soup recipes popping up on food blogs, I had to try one too.

But instead I took a shortcut and picked this up this package at Trader Joe's for some moment when a cupful of soup was needed in a minute flat.

And it was good enough though to my taste, not as good as the creamy corn version from Day 153 nor even half so good as this Squash & Pear Soup.

Hands-on time: 2 minutes
Time to table: 2 minutes
Serves 2

Pour a half cup soup into two small microwave-safe dishes and warm, separately, in the microwave for one minute apiece. Top with croutons or toasted pumpkin seeds or sour cream if you're feelin' fancy.

Per cup, 90 calories, 2 grams fat, 16 grams carb, 3 grams fiber, Weight Watchers 1 point


Where is the recipe?

Mrs C - If you read the post, you'll see that I was testing a Trader Joe's soup. Since then, I've posted several butternut squash soup recipes, the two favorites are included with My Favorite Winter Squash Recipes.

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to write! I read each and every comment, for each and every recipe, whether a current recipe or a long-ago favorite. If you have a specific question, it's nearly always answered quick-quick. ~ Alanna