So what's a cook to do?
The 2006 Food Challenge is the latest hip'n'happenin' thing, introduced by Lucullian Delights and perpetuated, thank you very much, by Seriously Good. It asks ... oh goodness ... that we further challenge our kitchen and culinary prowess. (Heavens, I'd just like to see my way through Day 365!) Still, what's a life-long learner to do?
So let's take a cue from Harley and make a game of it all. Kitchen Parade's three-balls-at-once goals for 2006 are ... SIT, everyone, SIT.
- Playing with Knives ... take a knife-skills class to get over a bad case of I-don't-need-all-that-fancy-stuff, ignorance-driven superiority about knives
- Playing with Peppers ... hot ones, that is
- Playing with Fire ... figure out how to first turn on and then really use the new grill
- Playing with Sauce ... butter sauces, wine sauces, French sauces though no getting saucy or getting soused along the way
- Playing with Meat ... well, less meat, more vegetarian suppers
Good girl, Harley! Would you like a TREAT? Goo' girl! Very goo' girl!