This Recipe Has Moved ♥ Mache with Orange Cumin Dressing

Orange & Cumin Vinaigrette ♥ KitchenParade.com, an easy vinaigrette, bright and vibrant, just fresh-squeezed orange and lemon combined with the earthy spice called cumin.
An easy vinaigrette, bright and vibrant, just fresh-squeezed orange and lemon combined with the earthy spice called cumin. Orange and cumin are a magical combination!

Real Food, Fresh & Fruity. Weeknight Easy, Weekend Special. Weight Watchers Friendly. Low Carb. Naturally Gluten Free. Not just vegan, Vegan Done Real. Great for Meal Prep.

This recipe has moved to Kitchen Parade, my food column! Please see
Orange & Cumin Vinaigrette!

I think you'll love it!



Looking for healthy new ways to cook vegetables? A Veggie Venture is home to hundreds of super-organized quick, easy and healthful vegetable recipes and the famous asparagus-to-zucchini Alphabet of Vegetables. Join "veggie evangelist" Alanna Kellogg to explore the exciting world of common and not-so-common vegetables, seasonal to staples, savory to sweet, salads to sides, soups to supper, simple to special.

© Copyright Kitchen Parade
2005 & 2020



Alanna Kellogg
Alanna Kellogg

A Veggie Venture is home of "veggie evangelist" Alanna Kellogg and the famous asparagus-to-zucchini Alphabet of Vegetables.

Comments

  1. I agree about the massive amount of oil called for in salad dressings...what's up with that? I tend to like the vinegar-to-oil ratio to be around 1 to 1 at most, but usually more like 1.5 to 1 in favor of the vinegar.

    Then again, I use plain red wine vinegar as a dressing for sandwiches, so I may not be your everyday salad chomper. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AK, thanks for the tip about baked goods! I hate cloyingly sweet cookies, and this tip will come in very handy. Do you find that you have to adjust the amounts of other ingredients to make up for the sugar, though?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jamie -- Plain red wine vinegar, must try that!

    Nupur -- Baking is supposed to be this scientific alignment of ingredients and heat and all that -- how many times have you been counseled to NEVER EVER toy with ingredients in a cake?

    But I don't find it true when it comes to sugar. I reliably cut the sugar in half although NOT with European-sourced recipes which are usually already less sweet.

    And there's no need to change the liquid, eggs, flour, etc. You don't 'have' to increase the "taste" ingredient but I do -- because with less sugar, you're looking for more 'something' and I'd rather have a cake that shouts 'banana' and 'cinnamon' say than a sugary cake with bare touches of banana and cinnamon.

    What I've found is that instead of one sweet thing after another, my kitchen yields a banana something and then a peach something and then a vanilla something, all different.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too cut oil in salad dressings, usually by about 1/2. That's a great tip for baked goods--I'll have to try it. I usually substitute white sugar with brown as I found brown sugar has an actual flavor. I'm still timid about playing around with baking, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This dressing does sound really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The orange dressing is exactly what I was looking for. I drizzled it over golden beets and Asian pears, perfect on a plate with a little lettuce and a vegetarian moussaka for my bookclub girls. Thanks so much ...!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoyed this!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to write! I read each and every comment, for each and every recipe, whether a current recipe or a long-ago favorite. If you have a specific question, it's nearly always answered quick-quick. ~ Alanna