Day 336: Kitchen Stir-Fry with Foolproof Oven-baked Brown Rice ◄

The only downside to food writing is that once a favorite is published, it's rare to make it again -- there's new dishes to try, new columns to write.

But this Kitchen Stir-Fry somehow manages to make it to the supper table several times a year because it's:
  • endlessly variable.
  • easy to keep the ingredients on hand.
  • fast and healthful.
It's from a 2004 Kitchen Parade column. And I always-always-always serve it with my favorite oven-baked brown rice, a recipe which the good folks from Cook's Illustrated recently gave permission to share. And so I do, happily -- here.

FROM THE ARCHIVES ... See the Recipe Box for other ideas for vegetarian suppers.


(c) Copyright 2006 Kitchen Parade

1 comments:

I just bought that "Cooks Illustrated" book and wondered about that rice.
After reading your blog yesterday I went out and bought an new 8" pyrex dish
dish so I can try it this week!!
Thanks so much--great blog!

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to write! I read each and every comment, for each and every recipe, whether a current recipe or a long-ago favorite. If you have a specific question, it's nearly always answered quick-quick. ~ Alanna