Fascinating, the lists collected here. The food, of course. But more interesting are the perspectives, both aspirational travel-planning and hopeful last-meal lists. Mine, certainly falls onto the last-meal table, but the list came easily, no exchanges, no questions.
- Mom's bread: Heavy, dense and slightly grain-sweet. With butter, please.
- Nana's peroghies: Blueberry, please. (The recipe just happens to be online.)
- Gramma's blueberry pancakes: In bear shapes, please, just like Gramma made them on Sunday mornings before church.
- My sister's shortbread: made with a deft touch that produces cakes as light as air, with just the right crumb. With tea, please.
- My Finnish sister's strawberry whipped cream cake: traditional Scandinavian cakes, layers of sponge cake piled with berries and whipped cream. With coffee, please.
A Fridge Full of Food