Radish D'Avignon Sandwich ♥

The furnace kicked on last week but food-wise, I'm still squeezing out the last tiny bits of summer. Or maybe this is 'bridge' food spanning the seasons:
  • Summer radishes, a French salad radish called Radish D'avigon ... sweet and wonderful ... from Biver Farms
  • Fresh bread, the first of three loaves made over the weekend (are you reading, Paula? that's your onion bread, thanks so much for sending the recipe! I soooo love to hear from fans of A Veggie Venture!)
It was stunning in simplicity, simply stunning.


FROM THE ARCHIVES ... Do vegetable sandwiches inspire you? Check the archives for sandwich recipes here in the Recipe Box.







RADISH D'AVIGNON SANDWICH


Good bread, preferably with a kick like this onion bread
Spread with unsalted butter
Topped with thin slices of fresh radishes
Sprinkled with good salt such as fleur de sel or Moulton


(c) Copyright 2006 Kitchen Parade
Alanna Kellogg
Alanna Kellogg

A Veggie Venture is home of "veggie evangelist" Alanna Kellogg and the famous asparagus-to-zucchini Alphabet of Vegetables.

Comments

  1. I love these radishes -- they remind me of a French market. Lovely idea for a sandwich.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea for radishes! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always looking for creative sandwich ideas to bring to work for lunch. Thanks so much for this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love radishes with salt. I bet this is yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Radishes are one of my favorites, but I've found that a lot of people don't enjoy them! I always eat them up off relish trays when they're left lonely.

    I've never thought of eating them on a sandwich, however. How great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks divine! I am in love with radishes and I saw these at my local (San Diego) farmer's market on Sunday. I do not tend to consider myself a stick in the mud, but a radish sandwich.....I never would have contemplated such a thing!

    I just planted radishes in my garden a couple of weeks ago. Not this particular variety, but I bet they will make a darn fine sandwich when their time comes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to write! I read each and every comment, for each and every recipe, whether a current recipe or a long-ago favorite. If you have a specific question, it's nearly always answered quick-quick. ~ Alanna