Quick Quick: Yummy Lunch Cake ♥

Lunch in a flashWhat, you think it's still January and I'm already back to baking again?! Not yet! (And yes, I'm calling this a "lunch cake" because I know us, Dear Veggie Venturers, most days we'd rather eat cake. Well, here's a way to have our cake, ahem, and eat it too.)

My friend Karen from FamilyStyle Food recommended it, a simple rice cake (or in this cake, a corn cake) with a little peanut butter. It's perfect for an mid-afternoon pick-me-up or a supper-won't-be-ready-for-an-hour snack.

I like both these products. The corn cakes taste good, better than I remember rice cakes tasting. And I love-love-love the new Peter Pan no-sugar-added (and thus low carb, just 2 grams of carb per tablespoon) peanut butter. It's got more calories than my usual Peter Pan or Jiffy reduced-fat peanut butter but is so much more peanuty-tasting and satisfying. It's terrific for breakfasts all winter long, in my famous (?!) oatmeal.



FROM THE ARCHIVES Occasionally I feature no- cooking-required convenience products in the Recipe Box.

A YEAR AGO I experimented with cucumber pancakes from a blogger I'd not yet met but now am lucky to see often. Can you guess who it is? Just see!



NEVER MISS A RECIPE! Just enter your e-mail address in the box in the sidebar. Once you do, new recipes will be delivered, automatically, straight to your e-mail In Box.

YUMMY LUNCH CAKE

Hands-on time: 1 minute
Time to mouth: 1 minute
Serves 1

1 Real Foods corn thins
2 teaspoons Peter Pan no-sugar-added peanut butter

Spread peanut butter on corn thin. If needed, transfer to a plate. Enjoy.

Alanna Kellogg
Alanna Kellogg

A Veggie Venture is home of "veggie evangelist" Alanna Kellogg and the famous asparagus-to-zucchini Alphabet of Vegetables.

Comments

  1. It does sound like a great lunch. I still can't find that peanut butter here, darn! I think I better fill out one of those cards and request it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peanut butter on a rice cake is a great snack. But it just seems strange that the no-sugar added peanut butter has more calories than the regular peanut butter. It makes you wonder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kalyn ~ Keep looking!

    Mia ~ It's been a long time since I've purchased regular peanut butter so my comparison is between the REDUCED FAT and NO SUGAR ADDED products. So perhaps, not so strange?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Alanna, you added a new twist to my favorite snack. I've never seen the corn cakes before! I'll have to look for them...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those corn cakes are really good! Way better than rice cakes in my opinion - and good for you! I like mine with a little flavored cream cheese! Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like a great afternoon snack.
    Have you thought of using the kind of peanut butter that is just peanuts and salt? I have my Trader Joe's PB in front of me and it is only 100 calories per tblsp 3.5 g carbs. It's organic and made with Valencia Peanuts. Whatever those are. It tastes very peanutty. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds like a great afternoon snack.
    Have you thought of using the kind of peanut butter that is just peanuts and salt? I have my Trader Joe's PB in front of me and it is only 100 calories per tblsp 3.5 g carbs. It's organic and made with Valencia Peanuts. Whatever those are. It tastes very peanutty. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's obvious I'm new to blogging isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Karen ~ The corn cakes are really good, they were just one of a thousand choices at Dierbergs.

    Megan ~ Agreed!

    Chigiy ~ We all start somewhere! Welcome to blogging ...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahh, this is one of my favourite snacks when the belly is a-rumbling! I make sure to always have both corn thins and peanut butter in my drawer at work to keep my belly sated :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nope see, just operator error! Comments work. Thanks for getting back to me.
    I will be trying that famous oatmeal!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ellie ~ What a great idea for work, for sure! It'd be good for long car trips, too. I seem to be in the car with my Dad often and he always wants to stop, for practical reasons, at fast food places along the freeway.

    Tanna ~ Whew! I just finished this morning's bowl of famous oatmeal. I dooo recommend it! My Dad and my sister's boys also like to stir in some chocolate chips. Talk about an indulgence, it's like chocolate chip peanut butter oatmeal cookies for breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooo - one of my favorite snacks. I often minus the cake and plus a spoon :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to write! I read each and every comment, for each and every recipe, whether a current recipe or a long-ago favorite. If you have a specific question, it's nearly always answered quick-quick. ~ Alanna