My Favorite Asparagus Recipes

Favorite Asparagus Recipes ♥ AVeggieVenture.com. Sides to salads, soups to suppers and more.
For seasonal cooks, no vegetable shouts "it's spring again" quite like asparagus. The season for local asparagus is just a few weeks long, best be prepared! The season for good supermarket asparagus is long but who wants to make the same ol' steamed asparagus week after week? I'm here to help, proud to present my best and favorite asparagus recipes, all in one place ...

A Dozen+ of My Best Asparagus Recipes, Everyday to Special, Sides to Salads, Soups to Suppers. Recipes Include Nutrition Information & Weight Watchers Points. Many Vegetarian, Vegan & Naturally Gluten Free Recipes.

Skip Straight to My Favorite Asparagus Recipes
Alanna Kellogg
Alanna Kellogg

A Veggie Venture is home of "veggie evangelist" Alanna Kellogg and the famous asparagus-to-zucchini Alphabet of Vegetables.

Comments

  1. What a gorgeous looking collection of recipes. I just bought my first asparagus this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post---i absolutely love asparagus and have been making it some new ways this Spring already. Can't wait to try some of your recipes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, I knew that you'd start with roasted asparagus! Still a month or so to go here, I guess...

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love asparagus but for some reason my husband hates it. what kinda vegetarian is he?!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought the asparagus steamer recommended here now how do I use it? I have a ton of asparagus coming on in my garden soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brenda ~ Oh, I hope you LOVE It! Just wash/prep the asparagus as usual, breaking off the woody ends. Then put a little water in the bottom of the pot and bring it to a boil -- and then put the asparagus spears in, cut-side at the bottom, tips at the top. Cooking times will vary but I'd start checking after three minutes, then gauge from there. Let me know how it goes, our asparagus is still a few weeks away!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thinking of doing the party asparagus - sounds yummy. Maybe you can tell me this - what is the difference between kosher salt and sea salt - I use the latter. Haven't yet been able to get an answer to this question.
    Thanks, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to write! I read each and every comment, for each and every recipe, whether a current recipe or a long-ago favorite. If you have a specific question, it's nearly always answered quick-quick. ~ Alanna