Day 23: Acorn Squash Stuffed with Quinoa & Cherries ♥

Acorn Squash with Quinoa & Cherries ♥ KitchenParade.com, gorgeous fall squash stuffed with whole-grain quinoa toasted nuts and dried cherries.
Acorn squash stuffed with protein-rich nutty-tasting quinoa, slightly sweet with dried cherries or cranberries, maple syrup and fall spices. A great choice for Meatless Monday during the fall.

Fresh & Seasonal, an Autumn Classic. Weeknight Easy, Weekend Special. Not just vegan, Vegan Done Real. Naturally Gluten Free.

The Recipe Has Moved

Please see Acorn Squash with Quinoa & Cherries, merging great fall flavors plus a funny story about quinoa.

A New Lesson About Vegetables

On Day 23 of A Veggie Venture's first year of trying a new vegetable recipe every day, I recorded a lesson. Try new foods more than once, even if you don't like them so much the first time.

Here's why: Acorn squash is one of my favorite foods, reliably delicious. But tonight, it turned out bland and watery. Was it a problem with the recipe? No. Then why? I don't know though it's possible that it was old, given that squash is harvested in fall not spring.

But if I'd never had squash before, based only on tonight, I'd never try it again.

I don't often cook foods out of season. But today felt more like winter than spring AND my good-cook, good-cousin recommended the recipe, so I did. And I'm glad! For even though the squash itself wasn't so great tonight, it re-introduced me to quinoa, a favorite from my vegetarian days.




Looking for healthy new ways to cook vegetables? A Veggie Venture is home to hundreds of super-organized quick, easy and healthful vegetable recipes and the famous asparagus-to-zucchini Alphabet of Vegetables. Join "veggie evangelist" Alanna Kellogg to explore the exciting world of common and not-so-common vegetables, seasonal to staples, savory to sweet, salads to sides, soups to supper, simple to special.

© Copyright Kitchen Parade
2005, 2006 & 2020



Alanna Kellogg
Alanna Kellogg

A Veggie Venture is home of "veggie evangelist" Alanna Kellogg and the famous asparagus-to-zucchini Alphabet of Vegetables.

Comments