A New Challenge

Do pink 'n' purple peppers seem as foreign and inedible as say, hmmm, vegetarian and vegan cuisine?

My new challenge is entice us all -- vegetarians and carnivores alike -- to expand our cooking inspiration into worlds previously unknown. (MeatHenge, I'm talking to you too, you cauliflower fiend, you! If you can eat cauliflower, you can go meatless ONCE in awhile!)

How, you ask? Thanks to the kind invitation of Elise Bauer at Simply Recipes, I've joined an all-star team of contributing editors over at BlogHer, the brand-new happenin' place whose simple mission is to build new audiences for women bloggers.

(Not just food bloggers, mind you, but Mommy & Family bloggers, Sex & Relationship bloggers, Politics and News bloggers, oh so many bloggers! My fellow editors and I are already busy posting highlights -- check out my posts and all our food and drink posts. And lady bloggers, be sure to check here to claim or add your own blog.)

But I do need your help!

You see, my "beat" at BlogHer is the immense and fascinating world of vegetarian cooking which is -- full disclosure here -- since I'm a former vegetarian and current committed carnivore, is kinda sorta like letting the fox into the chicken coop, dontcha think?

So women AND men bloggers, won't you help this cross-eating, vegetable-loving cook build an all-things-vegetarian online resource? Please visit the Veggie Evangelist and chime in if:
  • You're the author of a vegetarian or vegan food blog (or know of ones you like)
  • Or the author of a food blog that features vegetarian or vegan dishes occasionally
  • Or a carnivore who regularly writes about vegetables
  • Or if your blog has an easy-to-find category for vegetarian dishes, or vegetables, or salads
With your help and my new vegetarian focus, I hope to help veggie lovers everywhere turn strange, other-worldly pink 'n' purple peppers into real-world, ever-so-familiar and much-cooked red 'n' yellow peppers.

(Many, many thanks to Brian Naughton for
his post-inspiring pepper photographs!)







(c) Copyright 2006 Kitchen Parade
Alanna Kellogg
Alanna Kellogg

A Veggie Venture is home of "veggie evangelist" Alanna Kellogg and the famous asparagus-to-zucchini Alphabet of Vegetables.

Comments

  1. Yup! I have quite the variety of stuff on my blog. I understand. Whatever you think is best.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to write! I read each and every comment, for each and every recipe, whether a current recipe or a long-ago favorite. If you have a specific question, it's nearly always answered quick-quick. ~ Alanna