Day 327: Carrot Pudding ♥

Carrot Pudding
Today's Vegetable Recipe: Easy sweet carrot pudding made with carrot juice.

Carrot pudding? Yes!

And sooooo -- -- how was it? Delicious!

Smooth and creamy as good chocolate but orange and dreamy like -- carrot.

It's an oddity, I know, but worth a try if only because it's so easy and yes, so novel.

NEXT TIME I'll remember the lemon zest every time!

RECIPE for CARROT PUDDING

Hands-on time: 5 minutes
Time to table: 60 minutes
Serves 2

1 tablespoon cornstarch
2 tablespoons sugar
1 cup carrot juice
Zest of a lemon (don't skip this)
1 tablespoon butter

In a small pot, whisk out any lumps from the cornstarch and sugar. Slowly add the juice and lemon zest. Bring to a boil, whisking often. Boil for 2-3 minutes, whisking the whole time. Transfer the pan to an ice bath (a larger bowl filled with ice and water) and whisk occasionally for 10 minutes.




© Copyright Kitchen Parade 2006


Alanna Kellogg
Alanna Kellogg

A Veggie Venture is home of "veggie evangelist" Alanna Kellogg and the famous asparagus-to-zucchini Alphabet of Vegetables.

Comments

  1. This sounds very interesting, Alanna. I used to love thick carrot juice when I was a kid - which means that I would probably like this one, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to make this, if only I had a juicer to make some nice fresh carrot juice. It sounds divine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aha, Patl. I coveted a juicer at one time, one of those industrial-powered, turn trees into juice guys. This pudding however is based on a bottled juice from the grocery -- at Wild Oats it was a couple of dollars (and the fresh-juiced from the juice bar was 2X that) though my 'normal' grocery is carrying it now too for maybe $3. So: maybe not so far out of reach as you think?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for such easy recipe of carrot pudding.I made it last week and it was delish!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to write! I read each and every comment, for each and every recipe, whether a current recipe or a long-ago favorite. If you have a specific question, it's nearly always answered quick-quick. ~ Alanna