You see, for the last few months, I've been re-building the Recipe Box to make it easier to find recipes quickly. And this week, I finished my favorite section, the Alphabet of Vegetables, the fabulous (if I may say so myself, but you're allowed to say so too!) way to find great vegetable recipes easily and quickly. Yes, it's the perfect A - Z of Vegetables, with recipes just a click away!
And to make sure you know about it, to give you extra reason to poke around the alphabet a bit, from now til the end of April, I'm offering the chance to win free A - Z vegetable books of your choice. It's easy! And no purchase is required, no cooking is required!. Here's how it works.
- When you sign up for a new e-mail subscription (see Never Miss a Recipe to the right) between now and April 30th, you're automatically entered.
- OR - When you click through to the new Alphabet of Vegetables AND leave a comment below, you're automatically entered. The comment must include:
- Your favorite vegetable
- Your least favorite vegetable
- A vegetable you've never tried but would like to
- What's the hardest thing about getting vegetables onto the table (you know, like chopping, like no time, like they never turn out that well, like too expensive, like you just don't like 'em, like other reasons -- plus your own)
- AND - When you try a new vegetable (your choice of vegetable, your choice of recipe) and write me all about it (see the e-mail address below my photo on the right) or for food bloggers, if you post it, you're automatically entered THREE times. And if you do this more than once, yes, those count three times too.
- Are family and friends eligible? You bet! (My own sister has left maybe two comments in two years! Hi, 80K! My book club? Hmm. Well, let's say my book club and best friends are decidedly quiet when it comes to vegetables. This is your moment, Red Wine Book Club!)
- Are food bloggers eligible? You bet!
- Are people outside the U.S. eligible? You bet!
- Are vegetable haters eligible? Um, okay, sure!
- Are kids eligible? Of course! I'm hoping that my pal Freddie will pay a visit. How about dinosaur kale for your favorite seven-year old?
- Is it okay to tell your friends so they're eligible to win too? Does Alanna like beets? Of course!
What does it mean, to delurk? Well, a 'lurker' is someone who faithfully follows a blog, watching silently through the screen without commenting. A 'de-lurker' is someone who breaks out of the silence and starts leaving comments! Even just one!
How do you comment? Here's more info! But the short version is that you click "Post a comment", choose an identity (just choose 'other' if you're not a blogger), then enter your name, a nickname is fine, and your e-mail address, which I will see but won't be published online but will let me contact you if you're a winner, then your comment. (FYI, if you select anonymous, you won't be able to leave an e-mail address. I'll do my best to reach you but it will require your checking back on May 1.)
Here are the A - Z books I've selected for the cookbook winners. All except the first book are ones I rely on for vegetable inspiration all the time and honestly, if you choose to buy your own copy, you'll definitely be a winner.
Eating the Alphabet: Fruits & Vegetables from A to Z by Lois Ehlert
Vegetables Every Day by Jack Bishop
Vegetable Love: A Book for Cooks by Barbara Kafka
Greene on Greens the classic by Bert Greene
Cook's Illustrated And this isn't a cookbook but a magazine subscription. But nearly every issue includes a great vegetable recipe, including the ever-so-popular World's Best Green Casserole.
Okay folks, only 16 days to go! Let the A - Z begin ................... and where do you start? Right here, in A Veggie Venture's brand-new, just-updated (and fabulous, yes?) Alphabet of Vegetables.