Finn Crisp with Laughing Cow & Radishes ♥

Today's recipe: A quick snack or light lunch. Low carb. Weight Watchers one point.

A one-point lunch, a quick snackI may love to cook but I also love little-assembly-required quick lunches and snacks. They're not recipes, per se, more concepts. But I'm picky. Fast. Cheap. Quick. Easy. No dishes. Crunch. Fresh. Transportable. (And I think other readers must be hungry for such snacks and quick lunches too, as often as you check out my idea for a Satisfying Lunch in One Point.)

Enter my latest obsession that combines two products that have been right there under my radar fuh-EVAH. I just love these little sandwich snacks! They're crispy and creamy and crunchy all at the same time.



Finn Crisp Unlike most crackers, the ingredient list for Finn Crisp is short, just whole grain rye flour, water, yeast, salt and caraway. Wow! Whole grain and high fiber! No fat, no cholesterol, low sodium, with a little protein, too. Finn Crisp are easy to find in North America, I think, but prices vary widely. At the regular grocery store, they're expensive. At a place like World Market, they're only $1.79 for a 7 ounce box, very affordable!

Trivia: When I lived in Finland, my favorite breakfast was a Finn Crisp with a thin slice of a buttery cheese like Fontina, topped with marmalade. Yum.



Laughing Cow For years, I've avoided the little wedges of "processed cheese". They look like Velveeta! But if I'd just checked the label: again, a short list of ingredients and nothing that looks scary. At All. And if I'd only listened to everyone raving about them. (Thank you, Roni's Weigh)! I heard you!!)






FINN CRISP with LAUGHING COW & RADISHES

Hands-on time: 5 minutes
Time to table: 5 minutes
Serves 1

3 Finn Crisp crackers
1 wedge Laughing Cow Light
Radishes, sliced








PRINT JUST A RECIPE! Now you can print a recipe without wasting ink and paper on the header and sidebar. Here's how.

NEVER MISS A RECIPE! For 'home delivery' of new recipes from A Veggie Venture, sign up here. Once you do, new recipes will be delivered, automatically, straight to your e-mail In Box.




Looking for healthy ways to cook vegetables? A Veggie Venture is home to hundreds of quick, easy and healthful vegetable recipes and the famous Alphabet of Vegetables. Healthy eaters will love the low carb recipes and the Weight Watchers recipes.
© Copyright 2009

Alanna Kellogg
Alanna Kellogg

A Veggie Venture is home of "veggie evangelist" Alanna Kellogg and the famous asparagus-to-zucchini Alphabet of Vegetables.

Comments

  1. Laughing Cow cheese were a fixture in our lunch boxes when I was in school -- and also an important part of the "car food" my mother brought along on family road trips. Nice to know it's still around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good tip, Lydia - after posting, I was thinking that these would be good take-alongs for a car trip, making it easier to skip fast food stops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great use of two classic 'eat right' staples: finn crisps and laughing cow. I got hooked on laughing cow while living in Ghana, where it is strangely quite widely available. I'm sure its great with the radishes for a filling and healthy snack!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks yummy! I make something similar with the Laughing Cow cheese on wasa crisps with thin slices of apple on them. I'm going to try your version next!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just defiled my brand new computer with crumbs from my snack. I was so inspired I ran right out to my local small town mega-mart, which had none of the ingredients for today's recipe. (out of radishes :( ) I found wassa, had light cream cheese and got a turnip. It was delicious. I have no idea how to calculate points, but I feel healthier already. It needs more bite, so I might go for something stronger than a radish. I used my little mandolin for the turnip and it was so pretty. I can't wait to try more veggies and add some herbs and spices. Oooh, now i want fresh basil but there is sleet in my window box.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks Yum! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alanna my friend, a very Happy and Successful New Year to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for this wonderful site! I just discovered it yesterday, and found this recipe. I ran out and bought the simple ingredients, and had it with my lunch today, which was the WW 0point veggie soup. So it was healthy, delicious and I'm very excited by it! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. absolutely delicious! thank you! there are 2 other people in my house watching their points and they were absolutely delighted w/ this tasty snack & have even suggested substituting it 4 bread & butter w/ a meal!

    ReplyDelete
  10. All ~ I'm so pleased that the Finn Crisp & Laughing Cow combination is a hit. Truly, I feel 90% silly when posting stuff like this but then, well, readers make me realize it's not so silly after all. THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I literally just discovered this site. This is now my favorite food blog. For REAL. Seriously. You have NO IDEA how excited I am about this site. I LOVE vegetables and am constantly searching for new ways to cook them and new vegetables to try in potentially tasty ways and I AM SO EXCITED. I need to go to the grocery store STAT. After I pick and print out a bunch of these recipes.
    Oh the delicious vegetables that shall be eaten. OH the vegetables.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this! I remembered not liking radishes from years ago (it burned my mouth) and happened to nibble one and give this a try. I've gone through 2 bunches and have a bag of radishes, 2 containers of laughing cow and a package of Wasa Hearty Rye in 1 week! These are AWESOME! I use 1 (maybe 2 if they're small) radishes, one Wasa and one wedge of LC for each one. I have turnips that I'm going to try next.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to write! I read each and every comment, for each and every recipe, whether a current recipe or a long-ago favorite. If you have a specific question, it's nearly always answered quick-quick. ~ Alanna